The Nichols

The Nichols

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The search is over!

I am now a proud new employee at Reagan Academy in Springville. This is another charter school with more structure, staff that are certified and who are seasoned enough to know what they are doing. I love it! I am going to be doing the exact same thing that I was at Walden. What this means is that I am responsible for helping to "normalize" an eight year old boy who has high functioning Asperger's. The only difference is that this little boy is not out of control. He is used to the rigors of the school and doesn't have emotional outbursts very often or ever anymore. He will just need me to help with the transitions between classes/subjects and to cultivate his social skills. Compared to what I had to deal with, this is going to be a cake walk. I am also being paid a little more, have more hours, and actually be part of a staff and not just the "hired" Jack-of-all-trades kind of help. Granted I have to dress a little nicer, which means I have to go shopping for more work appropriate clothes, but I think I can manage that. I am excited to start a new chapter and move on to greener pastures, as it where. I am grateful for the opportunity. The bounty may have faltered a little at the beginning and middle of the Summer, but it is turning into a fruitful Autumn.

2 comments:

Mom N said...

Way to make lemonade out of a lemon. This is going to be so good! I'm way proud of you. Keep up the good work!

Melissa Hartman said...

Yeah for needing to go shopping!! Yeah for a better job!