The Nichols

The Nichols

Friday, August 6, 2010

Get right back on

This week, yesterday to be precise, something happened that really jarred my brain, well my elbow and hip to be more accurate. My friend and I were getting ready to take the horses out  when the wind shifted on us and started to blow the storms we have been having right back at us. I was on the horse and it got spooked by a flash of lightening and threw me. Now, I have never been on a horse that was so spooked that  much, didn't help that I was bareback. Luckily, I had enough wits about me and my friend was there I fell and rolled away from the horse instead of being trampled. I am just grateful that in the end all I came out with as some minor bumps and bruises and a muddled sense the experience. I now know: change of wind, lightening, and no saddle are a really bad combination. Don't worry, horse and rider are fine. Fine enough to be able to go out again this fine clear morning for a nice ride. Interesting that a flash of lightening with spook, but two snakes slithering across the path doesn't phase, this is the opposite for me. You do need to just get right back on and enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

Mom N said...

Yike! So glad there are no evil aftereffects. That's right, girl--hop back on that horse & show him who's boss! Yeee-haw!