The Nichols

The Nichols

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Something Old and Something New

It is the first day of the New Year and I can't help but reflect back on what has happened in 2008. These are just a few of the things that I rank on my Year End Review of 2008 (no particular order):

  1. My sister was able to finally get the boy she wanted, Keoki, in February
  2. Jake and I became engaged on his birthday, April 11th at 11:30pm
  3. I said my goodbyes, packed up and moved out to Utah in June
  4. Scot and Tiff decided to begin trying to have kids!!
  5. July 25th, Jake and I were sealed to each other for all of eternity (best thing ever!)
  6. Many of my friends have become engaged and are all blissfully happy (as it should always be!)
  7. My in-laws are by far the best anyone could ask for, always there when we need them (love you!)
  8. Jake was able to pass all of his classes with flying colors
  9. I am yet to die due to complications with snow
  10. There have been more laughs than tears]
  11. Have a warm and welcoming family that loves all those who come into contact with them
  12. Finding a job so quickly after arriving in Utah
  13. Joel, Brooke, and company moving to Las Vegas for a new job and awesome adventures.
Things that I look forward to in 2009:

  1. Surviving winter to be able to welcome in the Spring
  2. Jake getting his Associates from UVU
  3. Strengthening my bonds with my family, old and new
  4. Possibly learning a new talent or skill
  5. More laughs
  6. Getting more soap for my birthday ;P
  7. Ike and Tori's new baby girl in Feb
  8. Maybe a baby from my brother
  9. My dad finding a job or keeping the one he has already
  10. Becoming stronger in the Gospel
  11. Being able to spend all holidays with Jake, and not from afar as was our custom
  12. Some of my friends moving to Utah after they get married
It is going to be a fabulous year and I look forward to everything that is in store for Jake and I, both the good and the bad. Because without the bad we would not appreciate or hold the good things as dear. I wish you all a Happy New Year, and may you prosper and grow in all that is good.

2 comments:

Mom N said...

Great to read your description of Christmas and your overview of the dying year and the year to come! We're so glad to have been part of a lot of that--and will look forward to sharing much of what's to come as well. Thanks for your patience and cheerful acceptance of all the newness. You're terrific--Jake's lucky lucky lucky to have you. xoxox.

erin said...

13. running the rex lee run 5k in march! :)