The Nichols

The Nichols

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Learning to Swim

Have you ever been the first one to hear bad news? I am that person at the moment. With everything that has been happening lately with our, now suffering, economy it seems to impact everyone in just about every field of work. It has struck my family in many different ways, my father and the not so good prospects of finding a new job in the next couple of months, Jake having his hours cut back, and now my own hours are more than likely going to be drastically reduced as well. What is one to do? I think I will be forced to take another job. That makes me a little sad since it was not long ago that I was working two full time jobs and constantly running from one place to the other. If only things could have gotten better rather than worse. Then again that is a very common wish now a days. Let us all hope we can weather this raging storm and hopefully be still standing at the end of it. I guess we just need to pull out and put on out goulashes and raincoats and learn to swim.

2 comments:

Our EyreLife said...

First off, I LOVE your new blog background! So fitting! So you!

Secondly, I know what you mean about all that economic stuff. Scary. Keep treading, though. You'll be fine as long as you keep moving! We love you! Thanks again for making Saturday night so much fun...even if we DID have to wait 45 minutes for our hubs....which wasn't so bad, in my opinion. You're great company.

Mom N said...

ok, you better tell us all about this at Wednesday dinner...I thought things were looking pretty good with the new assignment. I'll look forward to hearing more.