The Nichols

The Nichols

Saturday, September 27, 2008

What a Fabulous Week

This week has been a good week. What made it so great is that I was able to have my best guy friend from California come and visit. Granted, he did have other motives for coming but I am going to say that it was for me that he decided to traverse the vast expanse of nothingness called Nevada to spend a little time with me here in Happy Valley. It was great just being able to see him and remind me why I love him as a friend so very much. It is also great because work, while still insane because it is Walden, was a little less so, in some aspects, due to the fact that it was TimpLodge week. This means that all the students, with the exception of the Kinders, spent some time up at TimpLodge and were able to have tons of fun. Sadly I had to stay down in the normal world, despite some protests from the kids that I tutor, and do other adult things that needed to be done. The bright side is that one day I got off because those that I teach were all gone and I nothing to do expect nap and take it easy for a day. It was wondrous.

Another thing that was good about this week I was able to see my Aunt Nan on the news. The miraculous thing about this is that she had been dead for about 3 months. Fox news was running a special thing at 5 that was paying tribute to the organization that she helped to create for kids a place they can go and to keep them off of the streets. All of her biker buddies, she was a serious Harley-biker, had a church that set this up out in Tooele. I was able to call up my Grandpa and Grandma Jensen, Nan is Grandpa's daughter my grandma's step-daughter, and let them in on the news. They were so excited to hear that she was on the news and they are trying to get a copy of it so they can put it with her memoirs, of sorts.

Jake and I went on a date. This may not sound overly exciting to most, but we don't get to go out very often together since he works and goes to school all day. But! We went to a play at BYU, Dial M for Murder, and it was fantastic! We plan on going more often now that school is in session and plays will me more accessible to us. I am so excited since I absolutely adore going to plays/musicals!! What a blessing it is to be so close and have the means of going to them again.

I am loving life and I couldn't be happier with what I have. I am truly grateful.

1 comment:

Mom N said...

How fun is this?! It's so great to read your commentary! I didn't know about the TV special on your Aunt Nan's organization. This is your mom's sister that she was out here helping to nurse, right? That must have been cool.

...AND you helped your mother-in-law "do pears" twice this week. Yahoo for harvest time! Thanks so much!

Big hugs to the best wife Jacob could ever have!

xoxox