The Nichols

The Nichols

Monday, October 6, 2008

Wednesday Dinners

It has been awhile since I last made a post, so I think it time to make a new one. I could say that not much has happened since I last said anything concerning....well anything, but that would be a partial lie and since I had a lesson on Honesty in Church I'll concede to saying that things have happened though not of an interesting manner to many.
Recently I have started to have dinner with my wonderful in-laws on Wednesdays, since I am over there any way finishing my laundry. It is great being able to have dinner with them because, regretfully, I was unable to get to know them while Jake and I were dating. When I was around they were off doing their thing and while Jake and I were running around doing our thing. This made quality time scarce. There is also the fact that I was scared of them. Now, before people freak out and think me a horrible person it should be said that I am easily intimidated and shy away from those that I think to be successful, intelligent, talented and the list goes on and on. This makes it very difficult for me to open up and feel comfortable enough to express myself and allows others to see me. As I have been around them, I have come to realize that I am a very silly person to be so intimidated when they may be as uncomfortable as I am. This is a flaw I am very well aware of in myself. Jake just shakes his head, grabs me by the hand and shoves me in the direction I need to go. It is funny how Jake is the extrovert now, while I tend to move inwards in public situations. Odd how people can change so much in 2 years.
Yet I digress from my intended topic. So. Dinners are great since we can sit and get a better bearing of each other as we sit and consume a delicious meal (I couldn't have married into a better family since they always prepare such succulent meals :D) I am very blessed since I have such a wonderful family that is so willing to take me in, since I am alone most nights, and provide me the opportunity to strengthen the relationship that is still so tender and young.
I am just so grateful for everything they have provided me (and Jake as well) with, both the tangible and the intangible. There are things they ate given that they may not be aware of and it just makes me smile to know that they give so lovingly and without a hint of wanting recompense. I love this family and would not change the circumstances for anything because if they were different I don't think I would be as grateful as I am today.

2 comments:

Nikol said...

Yay Sasha! I am glad you are so happy :)

Mom N said...

We love having you! Nick will be on his way home from North Dakota this week, too, so maybe we can do Mamachu's again...I have a meeting until 4:30, so I'll be rolling in around 5-ish.

See you then!
xoxo
MomJ