The Nichols

The Nichols

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

No pain no loss

Recently I have made it a goal to lose some of the "more to love" I have acquired over the last year. Why is it easier to add rather than shed. That isn't true. Some people are able to bounce up and down with little effort, while it is a real struggle for those like me. I just want to be able to look in the mirror and like what I see and not cringe and shy away from it. Being able to fit into my clothes again would be an added bonus since a new wardrobe isn't in the budget at the moment.

To aid me in my desire to shed inches and pounds, while adding definition and tone I have employed the help of my local gym with its equipment and a website the has prescribed a work out regimen for me to follow.

I am one of the people that needs something to follow or nothing will happen. While I am motivated to do the needed work, I don't have an overall knowledge of exercises that need to be done to achieve that desired results. I can run my heart out and lift weights, but nothing ever seems to come of it. So I need the guidance of a "trainers" knowledge to know what and how many of whatever I am doing. It seems to make a difference when I am more accountable for what I do.

At the moment my muscles are screaming at me for putting them through such a grueling first day, but deep down they know it for their own good. So as I hobble around and strain to stand and sit I have to keep reminding myself that this is for my own good and I will be happier at the end of my 12 week program. If it successful then it will become a perpetual thing. I think it will, but only time and my pant size will tell.

2 comments:

erin said...

hey sashalai! i have been in california for 10 weeks of the summer so i froze my membership as not to waste it. maybe ill be seeing you around! we should hit up some classes together (aside from water aerobics:)

Mom N said...

Way to go, girl! I'm proud of you (although I wouldn't have thought you needed it)! It takes lots of good will power and planning to make a workout routine effective--but I know you'll do it! I'm so glad you have a friend to do (at least parts of it) with! Wahoo!