The Nichols

The Nichols

Monday, August 31, 2009

Moments of Genius

Everyone has those moments when you do something that is total genius, a real Einstein moment. This is not the total genius that has bettered you life or someone else. The type of total genius that I speak of is one dripping with sarcasm. I locked my keys in the car. On a weekend it wouldn't have been so bad. I could just get the spare from Jake and everything would be just dandy. Instead, it is Monday morning, Jake has just left for work (not more than 10 minutes before), and I am running late for work. My hand drops into the purse seeking my keys. No luck. I jiggle my purse to locate them, no sound. My eyes slowly raise to my car sitting patiently in its parking spot waiting for me to bring it to life with the turn of a key and start moving toward work. This is when my mind kicks into reverse and I remember what I had done. My mental booty is now sore from me kicking it repeatedly. The keys are sitting in the little compartment next to the steering wheel behind the securely locked door.

At this point I have to call Jake and work and let them know what has happened. Jake is a little frustrated at my brilliant revelation, since he is on his way to work with no way to turn around and help me out. When I am finally able to talk with work I have to explain my genius. Yet, the stars and the cosmos seem to have aligned in my favor. My student is sick and wont be there, and my boss says not to worry about coming in today. What?!

In the end everything works out and I don't have to worry anymore. Now I have an unexpected day off and I also have to figure what to do with myself for the rest of the day until Jake can come home and unlock my car. I should just be grateful that everything worked out and I don't have to worry about being late for work and enjoy my day off.

No comments: