The Nichols

The Nichols

Monday, November 17, 2008

My Happy List

I am just so happy right now. While there are a lot of things that I am happy about there are a couple of things in particular that I am most joyous about.
  1. Family- I am just so happy to have such a wonderful family, both the old and the new. It is just a wonderful thing being able to see my family all the time. What a blessing it is to be able to go to their respective homes and spend time with the. Most recently Jake and I were able to go to my sisters house for Sunday dinner. I can't express how much fun it was just relaxing, eating delicious food, talking, and playing with my wonderful nephew and nieces. There are times when I can't help but be in awe at what angels my sister has been blessed with those kids are amazing. While it makes me feel old seeing them grow up and remembering when they were just a figment of my sisters imagination I can't help but marvel at how quickly they learn and love. Jake has been officially integrated into the family by those girls. Kalea has learned how to say his name, while Mele and Uilani instantly jump on him the first chance they get and have to be peeled off with butter and a spatula. They are so willing to love him and it makes me overjoyed. This is not to say that the same hasn't happened to me. His nephew Wyatt always gets the cutest little grin whenever he see me. What an opportunity I get when Jessie needs me to babysit for a few hours. We always have tons of fun playing with his ball, reading a book, or me chasing him around the living room while he tries to hide. It is a real blast and I wouldn't change it for anything. My parents are the best and I miss them everyday as I count down the days till I get to see them again. My in-laws bless their hearts are always so welcoming to me as they know I spend a lot of time by myself while Jake is off bettering himself for our benefit. My siblings-in-law are great too making me feel more and more part of the family. I just love my family both the near and the far.
  2. Stress Release- The last couple of weeks have been a stress: physically, emotionally, mentally. With everything that has been going on lately both on a personal and more general level the stress levels have been rising. I have been battling a chest cold that does not seem to want to leave, Jake has been stressed about school and all of the things that go with that, the cold weather is a foreign matter for me, my mom and her health issues, and the situation with my dad and the possible loss of his job in a few months has been putting some unwanted stress on the family as a whole and individually. It came to a head when I wanted nothing to do with anybody for a day and was more than content to sit and stew alone. But it changed, while those things are still there Jake and I were able to get on better terms and that seemed to make the difference. How nice it is to just be with another person and just BE. There doesn't need to be talking, holding a hand, laughing, or a hug is enough. It is amazing what a stress reliever that can be. Also baking an apple pie helps by keeping the hands busy and the mind centered on a particular task helps. It is a wonder what not really thinking can do for a person, you can organize and sort through everything so much better.
  3. Having a Job- In these uncertain economic times it is just a blessing to have a job Jake and I can go to everyday. Granted we aren't racking in to dough, but we are doing well enough to stay where we are with relative comfort and ease. We are happy to have an apartment and money to get the things that we need. It is dreadful how many families are not as lucky as some are. That is something that I pray for everyday that those that are in need will be able to find something to fit their situations. There is nothing worse than losing that security. Remember those in need and try to help where you can.

2 comments:

erin said...

amen to having a job. count your blessings, even if you think they are on the "small" level, b/c we all know in reality they arent small.

Our EyreLife said...

Great Post! Wyatt DOES love you and WE love you, too!!!

We'll have to have you guys over for Sunday dinner again soon, too!!!

Big hugs to our favoritest youngest sis-in-law!!!