The Nichols

The Nichols

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Patience and it's Reward

A few days ago a friend of mine asked how I was able to have a long distance relationship with Jake. I had to sit there and ponder how exactly I was able to do it. It is no small thing to be able to have a relationship like ours and make it last. I eventually had to say that it took:
  1. Patience (and lots of it!)
  2. Visiting each other whenever possible
  3. Endless phone calls
  4. Countless letters and emails (while on his mission)
  5. A deep determination for it to work
    And last but certainly not least
  6. A strong love for the man he is and will become
This whole thing made me realize how blessed I am to have such a wonderful husband. I began to think about the innumerable things that Jake does for me.
  1. Jake strives me make sure that the bed is made every morning
  2. We are as financially sound as possible
  3. That we always spend at least a little bit of time each day together
  4. He shows his love for me in word and deed
  5. Jake upholds his priesthood in the reverence it deserves along with the callings he has to manage at church
  6. Gaining an education for the future
  7. Puts up with my never ending mood swings
  8. Listens to my rants about work(good and bad)
  9. Trusts me
  10. Gives me a hug and kiss every night when he gets home (can't have too many of those =D)
  11. Allows me to go to California for a week
  12. Eats meals I cook even when they don't turn out so good
  13. Cooks when the opportunity arises
  14. Helps with the chores
  15. Always strives to do his best even when he doesn't really feel like trying at all
  16. Makes me laugh and smile everyday
  17. Reminds me (even though he doesn't know he is doing it) that I am the luckiest woman to have the opportunity to be his wife forever and always.
  18. His willingness to serve others
  19. Teaching me things that I, should probably already, know
  20. Being patient with me
  21. Loving me for me
The list could go on and on.....

It has been a long road to get to where we are today. The numbers were against us, along with half my ward in California, that we weren't going to make it. But we did! And I couldn't be happier. I love Jake and am proud and honored to be his wife.

1 comment:

Mom N said...

Hey, I sure hope he reads this--what a lucky guy to have you to write up something as loving and appreciative as this!

And ya know what? his family thinks you're pretty darn great. Another reason to be glad you're married to him! :)