The Nichols

The Nichols

Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad

Today is my dad's birthday! All day I have been thinking of all the wonderful things that my dad has done. I am so lucky to have a father as wonderful as him. It is often said that a father is a daughters first love, and how true that statement is. I love my dad for everything that he has done for me. He is the one that I would go to if I was in need help on my homework. He has always been patient with me when trying to teach me something new. I could always count on him to teach me and help me with whatever I brought to him. Just sitting and talking to him is a treat. I appreciate the music he grew up with because he would play it, allowing me to be more conscious of what is available to hear.

I know that I can contribute my hard work ethic to him as well. He taught that you should not leave a job half done or without your best effort. My cooking skills also were influenced by him. I would be unable to make my own spaghetti sauce without his guidance. He has always stood up for me when needed, loved me, and supported me in all that I have done, even when it meant moving away and getting married. I know it was not easy for him to see me go, but I am grateful that he did.

I love my dad and grateful to be his daughter. He will always be my first love and I am proud to call him my dad.

I love you Dad!

No comments: