The Nichols

The Nichols

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy First Anniversary



Once upon a time, one year ago to be exact, a beautiful young maiden and a handsome young gentleman were wed in the Salt Lake Temple.....

Today is our first year anniversary! Holy Cow I can't believe that it has already been a year. Granted the calender and my wedding certificate both verify such a thing, it is still a little mind altering that we have been married for a year already. It has been a wonderful first year. Many people say that the first year is often the hardest. I respectfully disagree. Jake and I have had a great time. Very rarely do we ever bicker or fight, what is the point especially since we both like to avoid confrontation as much as possible. True, we have had some ups and downs, but nothing monumentally devastating or scarring. It has been wonderful.

Looking back at reviewing the last 12 months has made me confident that I love Jake more now then I did back then. This is not to mean I didn't love him, it is just that the love and admiration that I had has now blossomed into something far deeper and more meaningful. If this is the trend think of what it will turn into as we live, learn, and grow in the future. The possibilities are endless.

I have been thinking about some of our favorite memories and/or things that Jake and I love.

  1. Having my best friend beside me every night
  2. Watching the other strive to be the best they can be
  3. Having Jake hold my hand and tell me is will be alright when I got hurt
  4. Being a shoulder to cry on or just rest a weary head on
  5. How excited Jake gets when he sees something he loves (like rainbows, snow or rain falling)
  6. Tickle fights
  7. The way both our eyes crinkle and twinkle when we smile
  8. I love Jake's enormous smile and how it takes up his entire face
  9. Holding hands, even if we are just sitting at the table or doing nothing
  10. Hanging on his arm while we take walks
  11. Dancing in the kitchen
  12. Just being his wife
  13. Going to the temple together
  14. Jumping into his arms when he gets home from work/school
  15. Sharing sweet pillow talk
  16. Cuddling on the couch
  17. Notes left
The list could go on. It is often the small things that makes life wonderful and I am grateful that I have so many small, and big, things that have helped to strengthen and deepen our love for each other and look forward to allowing it to continue in that manner.

And they continue to live happily ever after.

4 comments:

Mom N said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I will confess I got a little teary-eyed reading this sweet love-note. You two are very good for each other...and the whole family is glad you're together. We love you, and love reading about your love!

Melissa Hartman said...

Happiness for you! I honestly feel that you two are the most perfect couple! I hope to find someone that will make me just as happy as the two of you! Love you both tons!!!

Our EyreLife said...

AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AT THAT!!! We just love love love you two and think you're doing great together! Keep up the good work and know we think the world of you!

Mary said...

wow...one year already?????? That was cute! Yuo guy's really are a great couple!!!