The Nichols

The Nichols

Saturday, August 30, 2008

One MonthThoughts

Jake and I have been married a whole month!! I can't believe it. While I know that it has only been little over a month since we did our I Do's, but it feels like we have been married so much longer. We have gone through a ton in this last month. There was the whole wedding thing, a honeymoon, I had a funeral to go to two days after I got home from Florida, I started a new job at Walden School, insurances to get started and worked out, gifts to open and sort through, shopping for things that we still need, Jake started school this last week. It has been a whirlwind of activity. And to be perfectly honest I wouldn't trade any of the frustrations or joyfulness for anything in the world. I know that this is all just part of becoming an adult and starting a married life.

Many of my still single friends ask how I am liking and adjusting to married life. I have to be perfectly honest with them, I would change a thing. Being single was great, being able to go out and do what I want, when I want and not have to check in or ask if it is okay, but what a thrill it is knowing that there is someone waiting for me at home, wanting me to be there to spend time with. It is also great to know that if things aren't going well there is someone who cares to know and tries to figure out or just listen to the problem. That eternal support system is such a blessing and I don't see how people would want to jeopardize a relationship like that and just throw it away or not even want one to start with some special. How sad. I love my husband with everything that I have and it continues to grow with every passing day. Marriage is a wonderful blessing that should not be taken lightly and held onto with everything a person has.

2 comments:

Mom N said...

Great to read this update! You'll be so glad you wrote this! We'd love to see honeymoon or other fun-times photos too...btw, I had a massage from Heather N last night & she said how much fun it is to see you at Walden School & know you have a connection. Cool! & thanks for the movie the other night. Great company!

erin said...

yay :) where is he going to school?